Uni: what I eat in a day + Life Update: University!

Hello, lovelies!



I can't quite believe that I'm saying this, but I am at university!! Summer is definitely over, though the weather here has actually been so beautiful - and I'm experiencing my first ever autumn, where the leaves are gorgeous and red and crispy and they're EVERYWHERE. I'm studying nutrition and dietetics at the University of Surrey and I'm writing this as I get ready to go to one of my *ahem* least favourite lectures: biochemistry. I know that it may be obvious to some people that chemistry is the BACKBONE of a course that EXPLORES HOW FOOD REACTS WITH OUR BODY but I think I missed the memo :'( Anyway, I'm muddling along, and obviously not always healthily - sometimes, back from nights out with my mates, I'll binge out on dates and peanut butter (uhm... thank you god for kilo tubs) and I can definitely feel that I've filled out a bit. But that's alright. I'm also the happiest I've ever been in my life, so I'm not really too bothered. :)

Ok, here's a cheeky quick update on the food I've been having so far. I'll upload some of my less healthy days at some point, but I want to woo you all with my pretty pictures and the smoothies I slurp looking out of my window when I know I am late for my 9 am.

Monday, 6th Nov 2017

Breakfast: Banana-stuffed chard leaf with almond butter, strawberries, and the most delicious caramel-ly dates I have ever had in my entire life. They are from the THURSDAY MARKET here (I know. I know.)




Lunch: Sped off to lecture after leisurely banana leaf. Almost died when I found out the virology lecturer is French and completely hot. Enjoyed lecture immensely. Went back home to happily eat my fave, go-to lunch - half an avocado, lots of broccoli, a fried egg, my mustard dressing, and lots of seeds on top. Sometimes I even add sardines, which is complete heaven! Today I had it with the remainder of my sexy hummus.




Snack: Deliciously ella ball!! I love her with the zest of my entire being. She really disappointed me with her granola bars, though - I feel she is straying from her core ethos. Both the granola and granola bars have two types of sugar in them! They are pretty-sounding syrups, but if there's one thing I am learning so far, its that the pretty syrups - especially that coconut-blossom nectar - do almost the same damn thing to your body as that refined crap.



Dinner: my tomato soup (inspired from pret; will post soon!) with a bunch of sautéed mushrooms on top with half an avocado! And another egg. Because love.



Came home, did zero work. Had a (few) date(s) stuffed with PB and frozen raspberries that was HEAVEN. And some vanilla chai tea - need to post my fave teas on here!! Ok, I am super tired. Love you lots. Post soon. I will tell you about gospel choir, kayakking, cute boy from tesco, and also hopefully impart some cheeky nuggets of sage wisdom on dealing with newfound independence. Because tbh, still feels like I'm on bloody holiday.

xoxoxox Sam <3


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate-orange frozen bananas

Sexy green smoothie bowl

Dawn of Second Year